Social Media Curator
- Nickname: Nikki
- I cannot live without: Social Media - the perfect cure
for long lines!
- Dream Vacation Spot: Disney for the foreseeable future,
Italy in the not too distant future
- Embarrassing Moment/Memory: Back in high school a friend
did my Spanish homework…when I was asked to read one of “my answers” out loud in
class, I read what I had supposedly written, “¡Soy la mujer más hermosa en el mundo!”
(“I am the most beautiful woman in the world!”) I did all my own homework after
- Pet Peeves: slow internet or mobile connection (see
above, “I cannot live without...”)
- Most Used Phrase/Saying: That’s awesome!
- Favorite Drink: Starbucks decaf sugar-free hazelnut soy latte for daytime, Sangria for nighttime
- Favorite TV Shows: PanAm, psych, iCarly, Glee, Modern Family, Mad Men, Body of Proof, How I Met Your Mother
- If this song is on the radio, I cannot resist singing aloud:
Everybody Dance Now (C+C Music Factory), Pump Up the Jam (Technotronic), What Is Love (Haddaway)
- Interesting/Unique Fact: I was Drum Major for two years
in my National Champion High School Marching Band
- World Record I’d Like to Break: Air Hockey championship
- Hobbies: Staycationing at Illinois’ kid museums, carnivals
and theme parks
- Person You Most Want to Meet: Rachael Ray – she’s so
happy all the time, and I want it!
- Geek or Artist? Geek Chic – As a kid in the 80’s, I
learned BASIC programming from my dad.
Social Media Curator
Email: nsantoro(insert the at symbol)desertrose.net
Education: Bradley University—Bachelor of Science in
Experience: I enjoyed 15+ years of Marketing Communications
and Project Management experience working in Chicago’s sales promotion agencies
with national clients such as Nestlé and the United States Postal Service, and also
working at Clear Channel Radio. More recently, I’ve had the pleasure of working
with small businesses to set-up, edit and manage the day-to-day implementation of
their Social Media, Blog and Newsletters.
From the moment I discovered DRD, it was love at first sight! This
team knows Geek is the new Cool! Plus, we all get to play as big a role as we want
on our Blog and YouTube. And clearly, we know how to play. ;)