With all the cutting edge tools and trends emerging in the field of marketing, direct mail has been dubbed a bit of an ugly stepchild as of late. While DRD can surely relate to this movement given the tremendous ROI we see in digital marketing, our team maintains that the most effective marketing strategy is one that boasts complex integration of communication channels.
The moral of the project you’re about to read through is DON’T SEND JUNK MAIL to your hottest prospects, rather send a piece of physical, dimensional awesomeness.
Innovative Plastech (IPI), a custom manufacturer of thermoformed plastic products, knew the potential value of the prospects they had been targeting, some for more than a year’s time. The company had always been able to generate quality leads from a number of marketing tactics, but somehow could not seem to turn the right heads to close the business they had hoped with the launch of their Sell Stack pallet tray solution.
DRD was brought in to devise an integrated campaign that centered around putting a dimensional item with WOW-factor on the desks of key decision makers at IPI’s prospect firms. The campaign strived to:
• Highlight the capabilities of IPI
• Communicate the shipping, storing, and selling benefits of the Sell Stack for brands
• Start a dialogue with key decision makers
In an effort to utilize and illustrate a number of IPI’s core competencies, the firm worked with DRD to develop a miniature demonstration kit of their Sell Stack. The kit was comprised of IPI-branded miniature Tabasco® bottles to be the staged product in the model Sell Stack display. The kit components and a graphically appealing instructional insert were shipped to top prospects in a custom fit thermoformed clamshell package, yet another IPI specialty. Through this project the client was able to:
• Get immediate responses from multiple top prospects
• Book visits of multiple decision makers to their manufacturing facility
• Discuss the use of the Sell Stack in shipping and selling CPG and other product lines
• Contract prototype runs of the Sell Stack pallet tray for two large brands